- Objective of carbon accounting
Objective of carbon accounting
The project brief includes a web-based platform to allow the five participating countries to share the toolboxes developed in each country.
National toolboxes will provide :
- training in carbon accounting for ADEME counterpart agencies (methodological principles, assistance in gathering and calculating emission factors, and in creating a national carbon database; feedback on the implementation of a dynamic network, whether voluntary or mandatory)
- training to enable companies and local authorities to become familiar with carbon accounting and its key methodologies
- establishment of guidelines for the elaboration, management and governance of four national emission factor databases, for the countries of Italy, Greece, Croatia and Hungary
- creation of a joint search engine open to all European companies and local authorities, to pool data.