"Implementing public policies to calculate and reduce organisations carbon footprint"
Clim'Foot will address the lack of tools and methodology (other than EU-ETS) for the implementation of national public policies aimed at reducing the carbon footprint of organisations in the countries of the European Union.
The project aims to develop public policies to help organisations calculate and reduce their carbon footprint.
More specifically, the project goals are:
- to launch a dynamic European network for carbon accounting ;
- to train end-users and give them the tools for calculating and reducing the carbon footprint of all sorts of organisations ;
- to develop training tools adapted to each country ;
- to develop an European platform composed of 5 national toolboxes that will be used for implementing 5 National public policies to reduce Carbon Footprint of Organisations (CFO);
- to involve local actors (decision-makers, investors, public bodies) in reducing emissions.
The LIFE Clim'Foot project brings together seven partners from five EU countries: France, Italy, Greece, Hungary and Croatia. ADEME will coordinate the LIFE Clim'Foot project, under a 3-year LIFE contract, from September 2015 to August 2018 with a budget of €1.4 million over the 3 years.